The Cambridge IGCSE Board offers a wide learning field to the learners at every stage. The curriculum enables them to develop their learning skills to communicate confidently and effectively, develop a holistic understanding of every subject, explore new areas of learning and maintain an interest in the various subjects.
The CIE is an international system of examination conducted by the university of cambrige U.K.
The Methodist High School offers the curriculum from class 6th to 10th. At the end of year 8, the students appear for the checkpoint examination in English, Maths and Science.
Class 9th and 10th appear for I.G.C.S.E.(International General Certificate For Secondary Education). The school offers 10 subjects (English Language, Hindi, Maths, Economics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Accounts, Business Studies and I.C.T.)
The School has opted for the March Session Examinations.
Why CIE? What are the advantages of an international curriculum? Is it valid and recognized in India?
- Indeed, the CIE is a very application-oriented way of teaching which encourages (in fact, compels) learning to think, analyze and apply the knowledge they acquire in the class
- It makes them globally competitive and involved in the curriculum
- It makes learning more learner-centric and holistic, taking away the burden of rote learning
- It understands the needs of different ways of testing them
- It is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities